TMJ (temporomandibular joint) acts as a hinge connecting
our jaw bone to the skull. One joint is present on each side of the jaw. TMJ disorder is
a type of disorder that causes pain in the jaw joint. It can also lead to pain in the
muscle which control jaw movement. There are various reasons that can result in TMJ
disorder. Some of the most common factors are genetics, arthritis or jaw injury. A
person feels pain and discomfort due to TMJ disorders. Both surgical and non-surgical
methods are available for the treatment of TMJ disorder. We give the best jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur and our dental hospital in
Guntur is considered as one of the best dental clinic in Guntur.
Some of the symptoms that can be related to TMJ
disorder are as following
- Pain or tenderness in the jaw.
- Sound-a clicking or grinding noise while eating or chewing.
- Restricted movement of the jaw.
- Difficulty in eating and chewing.
A person should consult a dentist as so he notices any of
these symptoms regarding TMJ disorder. We give the best Jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur as we have the best team of doctors and experts.
Our dentist in
considered as best for jaw corrective treatment
in Guntur and full mouth
dental implants in Guntur.
These are the following causes which can lead to TMJ
- Physical injury.
- Grinding or clenching the teeth during sleep.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Dental surgery.
Early diagnosis of TMJ disorder helps is an effective
treatment and reduces further complexities. Our dental
Guntur offers best Jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur.
After the diagnosis of TMJ disorder treatment is done. The
treatment depends on the severity of the disorder. There are different kind of treatment
available for TMJ disorder which include the following
- Surgical or other procedures.
Along with other nonsurgical treatments, these medication
options may help relieve the pain associated with TMJ disorders:
- Pain relievers and anti-inflammatories: If over-the-counter pain
medications aren't enough to relieve TMJ pain, your doctor or dentist may prescribe
stronger pain relievers for a limited time, such as prescription strength ibuprofen.
- Tricyclic antidepressants: These medications, such as
amitriptyline, are used mostly for depression, but in low doses, they're sometimes
used for pain relief, bruxism control and sleeplessness.
- Muscle relaxants: These types of drugs are sometimes used for a few
days or weeks to help relieve pain caused by TMJ disorders created by muscle spasms.
- Oral splints or mouth guards (occlusal appliances): Often, people
with jaw pain will
benefit from wearing a soft or firm device inserted over their teeth.It is a plastic
guard that is fixed with upper jaw or lower jaw in order to relieve the pain.
- Physical therapy: Along with exercises to stretch and strengthen
treatments might include ultrasound, moist heat and ice.
- Counseling: Education and counseling can help you understand the
behaviors that may aggravate your pain, so you can avoid them. Examples include
teeth clenching or grinding, leaning on your chin, or biting fingernails.
Surgical or other procedures
- TMJ arthroscopy.
- Modified condylotomy.
- Open-joint surgery.
Apart from treatment lifestyle and home remedies are also
available in order to overcome TMJ disorder.
- Avoid overuse of jaw muscles. Eat soft foods. Cut food into small pieces. Steer
clear of sticky or chewy food. Avoid chewing gum.
- Stretching and massage. Your doctor, dentist or physical therapist may show you how
to do exercises that stretch and strengthen your jaw muscles and how to massage the
- Heat or cold. Applying warm, moist heat or ice to the side of your face may help
Confydentz dental hospital in
Guntur is one of the best dental clinic
in Guntur. We assure the best Jaw corrective treatment
in Guntur and also for cosmetic dentistry in Guntur.