TMJ (temporomandibular joint) acts as a hinge connecting our jaw bone to the skull. One joint is present on each side of the jaw. TMJ disorder is a type of disorder that causes pain in the jaw joint. It can also lead to pain
in the muscle which control jaw movement. There are various reasons that can result in TMJ disorder. Some of the most common factors are genetics, arthritis or jaw injury. A person feels pain and discomfort due to TMJ disorders.
Both surgical and non-surgical methods are available for the treatment of TMJ disorder. We give the best jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur and our dental hospital in Guntur is considered as one of the best dental clinic in Guntur.
Some of the symptoms that can be related to TMJ disorder are as following
- Pain or tenderness in the jaw.
- Sound-a clicking or grinding noise while eating or chewing.
- Restricted movement of the jaw.
- Difficulty in eating and chewing.
A person should consult a dentist as so he notices any of these symptoms regarding TMJ disorder. We give the best Jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur as we have the best team of doctors and experts. Our dentist in Guntur is considered as best for jaw corrective treatment
in Guntur and full mouth
dental implants in Guntur.
These are the following causes which can lead to TMJ disorder
- Physical injury.
- Grinding or clenching the teeth during sleep.
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Dental surgery.
Early diagnosis of TMJ disorder helps is an effective treatment and reduces further complexities. Our dental hospital in Guntur offers best Jaw
corrective treatment in Guntur.
After the diagnosis of TMJ disorder treatment is done. The treatment depends on the severity of the disorder. There are different kind of treatment available for TMJ disorder which include the following
- Surgical or other procedures.
Along with other nonsurgical treatments, these medication options may help relieve the pain associated with TMJ disorders:
- Pain relievers and anti-inflammatories: If over-the-counter pain medications aren't enough to relieve TMJ pain, your doctor or dentist may prescribe stronger pain relievers for a limited time, such as prescription
- Tricyclic antidepressants: These medications, such as amitriptyline, are used mostly for depression, but in low doses, they're sometimes used for pain relief, bruxism control and sleeplessness.
- Muscle relaxants: These types of drugs are sometimes used for a few days or weeks to help relieve pain caused by TMJ disorders created by muscle spasms.
- Oral splints or mouth guards (occlusal appliances): Often, people with jaw pain will benefit from wearing a soft or firm device inserted over their teeth.It is a plastic guard that is fixed with upper jaw
or lower jaw in order to relieve the pain.
- Physical therapy: Along with exercises to stretch and strengthen jaw muscles, treatments might include ultrasound, moist heat and ice.
- Counseling: Education and counseling can help you understand the factors and behaviors that may aggravate your pain, so you can avoid them. Examples include teeth clenching or grinding, leaning on your
chin, or biting fingernails.
Surgical or other procedures
- TMJ arthroscopy.
- Modified condylotomy.
- Open-joint surgery.
Apart from treatment lifestyle and home remedies are also available in order to overcome TMJ disorder.
- Avoid overuse of jaw muscles. Eat soft foods. Cut food into small pieces. Steer clear of sticky or chewy food. Avoid chewing gum.
- Stretching and massage. Your doctor, dentist or physical therapist may show you how to do exercises that stretch and strengthen your jaw muscles and how to massage the muscles yourself.
- Heat or cold. Applying warm, moist heat or ice to the side of your face may help alleviate pain.
Confydentz® dental hospital in Guntur is one of the best dental clinic in Guntur. We assure the best Jaw corrective treatment
in Guntur and also for cosmetic dentistry in Guntur.