Dental Implants & Orthodontic Treatment: How do they fit together?
If you ever experienced the loss of a tooth, you aren’t alone. Every year more than 178 million people around the world miss a minimum of 1 tooth. Now, children are among the highly vulnerable segment of society that requires
frequent clinic visits. In order to get the best and reliable orthodontic treatment for your child, make sure you get in touch with professional physicians working at Children dental hospital in Guntur.
Factors that lead to loss of tooth
There are several reasons for the loss of a tooth which include:
- Gum Disease: This issue is among the prime causes of loose teeth or tooth loss among patients. Normally, gum diseases are painless making it difficult in terms of diagnosis. Initial symptoms for gum disease
include redness and swelling in the gum. Additional symptoms include soreness and brushing.
- Unmonitored Oral Hygiene: Irregular flossing or brushing of teeth leads to decay of tooth over time. Over a certain period of time, these irregularities lead to cavities or holes weakening the roots and
making them fall.
- Certain Drugs: Certain medications given to children can lead to loosening of roots and eventual loss. Medications for cancer patients are one among the drugs that might lead to loss of tooth.
- Tooth Gaps: People with a tooth gap often have food stuck between the same. The food hence leads to enhanced tooth decay as well as gum disease.
- Trauma: Children are generally vulnerable to trauma-based dental injury. Playing with friends, running all around, and falling down abruptly can lead to loss of a tooth. It is important that you visit a
reliable dentist and get the injured tooth treated to ensure that no infection occurs. However, trauma-based injury isn’t limited to children. Any unforeseen accident can lead to trauma-based loss of tooth.
There are several benefits to choosing implants
Here are some of the major benefits of choosing orthodontic treatment and dental implants for your child.
- 1-Long-lasting and Convenient Dental Implants:
Unlike dentures, dental implants are permanent. Professionals for children dentistry in Guntur ensure that you do not need any reapplication of the implants with adhesive. Implants are actually a permanent option for any loss of a tooth that has been built to ensure lifetime longevity, especially when taken care
of in a hygienic way.
- 2-Looks as real as natural teeth:
Whether it is jaw corrective treatment in
Guntur or cosmetic dentistry in Guntur, technology today has ensured that everything is as natural as possible
with lifetime longevity. Implants are actually indistinguishable from the natural set making you feel your confident self once again. Implants also in no way interfere with your speech like any other replacement.
- 3-No complications in oral hygiene:
With artificial implants or
laser gum treatment in Guntur, one doesn’t need to add any additional effort to maintain oral hygiene. The
regular protocol is as efficient to maintain the cleanliness which includes brushing twice every day and flossing once per day.
- 4-Prevents bone loss or deterioration:
Whenever you or your child loses his/her teeth, the jawbone starts deteriorating. This makes the face look sunken with time. The implant serves as a root for the
artificial tooth that stimulates the jawbone, hence promoting proper bone growth. Children dentist in Guntur helps
restore your child’s natural jaw and face shape with proper implant placement.
- 5-No alteration to natural teeth:
Some treatments such as dental crowns and bridges in
Guntur require the patient to grind down over the healthy teeth for support of the bridge. The implants replace any lost teeth but with no requirement for an alteration of the existing healthy dental parts.
Common Orthodontic Emergencies
Here are some of the common orthodontic emergencies that may require a consultation with experienced dentists in Guntur.
- Missing or Loose Brackets: If you happen to notice a bracket out loose, the wire can spin or move from side-to-side. So, make sure you get in touch with your dentist to ensure this loose bracket is taken
care of urgently.
- Protruding Wires: Due to improper care, the wires can protrude and cause pain. If these protruding wires rub against the gum or inside of the lips, it can lead to bleeding and infection. .
- Smelly Dentures: If you happen to smell something weird in the dentures, make sure you try and use a proper mouth cleaner for the same. Even if you don’t see the smell going away, make sure you consult
your local dentist as soon as possible.
How is Orthodontic Treatment applicable?
Many children or adults opting for clips treatment in Guntur or wisdom teeth removal in Guntur often need to undergo the orthodontic treatment in order to create some space in the mouth. Whatever be the option for tooth restoration, it is crucial
that you get your missing teeth replaced. This is because missing teeth causes shifting of other healthy teeth which result in crooked teeth and bite misalignment. When left untreated, the gums start deteriorating with
weakened bone structure & higher risk for tooth loss.
What to do in case of a dental emergency?
- Drink water to stay hydrated especially you have developed an infection.
- Do not eat anything solid until you get to your dentist
- Try and avoid talking as much as possible to ensure the broken implants do not irritate the skin inside your mouth
- Have any of your family member call up the dentist and arrange an appointment
- Make sure you do not panic and act with all patience
So, don’t take your dental health for granted and ensure a beautiful and healthy smile that lasts a lifetime. Make sure you choose the best children dental hospital in
Guntur for top-notch tooth restoration services!