Implant surgery done in stages
- The tooth to be replaced by the implant is removed.
- Jawbone is prepared for surgery,if necessary bone grafting is also done.
- After jawbone gets healed, surgeon places the implant metal post into it.
- Then healing takes place which may last upto 3-9 months
- The extention of implant metal post, that is abutment is placed on the post.
- After the soft tissue heals, your dentist will make molds of your teeth and jawbone and later place the final tooth or teeth.
All this procedure takes many months, mostly waiting for healing of the bone and for formation of new bone.